Posters are not just classroom decorations. They are a highly effective teaching and learning tool. Let’s look at the facts according to the eLearning Industry:
- FACT: Approximately 65 percent of the world’s population consists of visual learners.
- FACT: Our brains process visuals 60,000 times faster than text.
- FACT: Of all the information transmitted to our brains, around 90% is visual.
- FACT: 40% of all nerve fibres connected to our brains are linked to our retinas.
- FACT: Our brains can see images that are only shown for 13 milliseconds.
This clearly shows the benefits and importance of visuals, like posters, in a classroom. If your classroom is in need of some poster sprucing, here’s some of our top posters that you can purchase and download. Some are even free! Enjoy the collection.
This fraction wall poster is a great tool to help learners visualise and compare fractions. It can also be used to identify fractions that are equivalent.
Freebie: Figures of Speech Posters
Try this FREE ‘figures of speech’ poster printables for your English classroom. There are 9 pages in total. Each poster shows the name of the figure of speech, the definition and an example accompanied by a colourful picture.
This pack includes an A3 vowel poster as well as 5 vowel cut-outs in circles that can be used for additional activities and consolidation tasks.
This handy A3 poster will help your class visualise, understand and remember a few key prepositions. This can also be used as a handout for their workbooks.
Volume and Capacity Posters
This great value pack includes 5 volume and capacity posters in a succulent theme. The posters are in PDF, high-resolution format.
This includes 26 letter posters that are great to teach the letter-sound relationship. Each poster has a black background with a bright colourful picture on it, to match the letter sound. Both capital and lowercase letters are shown.