Website Apex High
APEX HIGH SCHOOL, EERSTE RIVER,
We are seeking an experienced and energetic educator to lead our Senior Phase at our school of excellence!
Apex High School is a no-fee parallel medium public high school that opened in January 2018. The school has partnered with Acorn Education (www.acorneducation.org.za) as part of the Public Schools Partnership Programme – a public private partnership programme in the Western Cape.
The School Governing Body of Apex High School invites applications from candidates that are confident, creative, innovative, self-motivated, and exhibit an unwavering passion for improving learner outcomes.
• Minimum requirement is a REQV14 qualification (matric + four years qualification)
• Certification through the South African Council of Educators (SACE)-proof of registration required
• Police clearance certificate required (to be done when considered for the position)
• Valid driver’s license and own transport essential
• Minimum of five years teaching experience
Essential experience and skills:
• A track record of high expectations personally and professionally
• Enhances a positive and high expectations school culture of teachers and learners
• Experience in school governance, the management of resources and/or budgets
• Highly developed organizational and administrative abilities
• Be fluent in both English and Afrikaans- the languages of instruction of the school
• Be computer literate and MS Office proficient
• Must be aligned to our mission of developing the school into a school of excellence and willing to go the extra mile to achieve this mission
• Have a strong moral purpose with an uncompromising approach to school improvement and raising attainment
• Serves as a leader and role-model who will inspire and drive teacher development and innovative curriculum delivery
• Effective leadership style that encourages participation, innovation, and confidence
• Able to foster good relationships with our parents and the wider community
• Be open to innovative ideas, professional development and coaching and deviating from the status quo
• Willing to work collaboratively within the framework of the Public Schools Partnership Programme
If you share our vision and have experience of leading outstanding practice, then we want to hear from you.
Please send a motivational cover letter, your CV and two recent work references to the email address provided below.
Applications close on 31 August 2020
Contract and Benefits:
This is a full-time, permanent position with the School Governing Body of Apex High School. The SGB offers a competitive salary and benefits package to the successful candidate. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a credit check.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org