Website St Stithians College
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity.
Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
St Stithians Boys’ College is a leading South African boys’ school, which constantly strives for excellence in providing a relevant and rigorous education, and for best practice in the education of boys. As a Methodist school, we have a conscious focus on the “Saints Honour”, namely to ‘Honour God, Honour others and Honour self”.
Our “seven pillars” support the life of every boy at the Boys’ College: academics, sport, culture, community service, leadership, outdoor education and spirituality. Through these pillars, we encourage each boy to realise his maximum potential as a citizen of significance of this school and in our country, in a stimulating and safe environment.
Our mission, purpose and passion is to walk the path towards manhood with our boys, and support them as they emerge as “great young men”, ready to serve, lead, contribute and make a difference in our world and in the lives of others.
Master in Charge & Head of Rowing
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the required skills and competencies to take on this position from 1 January 2020 (negotiable).
The requirements for this position are:
- More than 3 years’ experience in similar role (including 1st VIII) and Level 2 FISA coaching qualification
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Boat trailer towing experience
- Teaching qualification and experience is preferable but not essential
- A commitment to on-going personal and professional development
- An awareness of the nature of the school and willingness to commit to its all-round ethos, co-curricular activities and pastoral approach
- Proof of registration with SACE supported by a sexual offender’s clearance certificate.
The role will include responsibility for:
Master in Charge
- Capex and operational planning & budgeting as well as manage transport, tours and camps
- Regatta hosting
- Fleet and equipment maintenance as well as Boat House and Ergo Room management
- Manage, interact and report back to the Parent Supporters’ Committee and relative stakeholders
- Assume full responsibility for the BC Rowing programme for the full year
- Recruitment and management of coaches and all rowers
- Training programme design & execution and all marketing of the sport
- Selection, entries and equipment allocation
- This role will require after hours work and ongoing commitment over weekends and select school holiday periods
To apply please click on the link below before the closing date of 18 October 2019
Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only.
Please note that due to technical issues applicants should use a PC and not a phone, notepad, etc. to create an account.
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post. Applications are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applications automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job please visit stithian.jb.skillsmapafrica.com.