Website St Stithians College
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity.
Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
St Stithians Boys’ College is a leading South African boys’ school, which constantly strives for excellence in providing a relevant and rigorous education, and for best practice in the education of boys. As a Methodist school, we have a conscious focus on the “Saints Honour”, namely to ‘Honour God, Honour others and Honour self”. Our “seven pillars” support the life of every boy at the Boys’ College: academics, sport, culture, community service, leadership, outdoor education and spirituality. Through these pillars, we encourage each boy to realise his maximum potential as a citizen of significance of this school and in our country, in a stimulating and safe environment. Our mission, purpose and passion is to walk the path towards manhood with our boys, and support them as they emerge as “great young men”, ready to serve, lead, contribute and make a difference in our world and in the lives of others.
The Boys’ College invites applications for the abovementioned position which will be available from January 2021.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the required skills and
competencies to take on this position.
The requirements for this position are:
A proven academic record and appropriate experience, including Grade 8 – 12 Mathematics teaching
• A sound knowledge and capability of delivering both the FET and GET curriculum for Mathematics
• Previous experience in an IEB school would be a distinct advantage, as would experience in IEB Matric marking
• Computer Skills and the ability to use various electronic media in the classroom
• Experience in delivering content through online teaching platforms via a learner management system
• A passion for teaching and for the young people whose learning you would be expected to inspire
• A willingness to work within the Christian ethos of the College and the values upheld by the College
• An unequivocal commitment to working as part of an accomplished team of enthusiastic educators and to develop exciting and creative material
• A suitable professional qualification and appropriate educational experience
• A sound and progressive understanding of the South African curriculum and international trends in education
• A commitment to on-going personal and professional development
• An awareness of the nature of the school and willingness to commit to its all-round ethos, co-curricular activities and pastoral approach
• Proof of registration with SACE supported by a sexual offender’s clearance certificate
To apply please click on the following link below before the closing date of 07 August 2020. Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only.
Please note that due to technical issues applicants should use a PC and not a phone, notepad, etc. to create an account.
To apply for this job please visit stithian.jb.skillsmapafrica.com.