Website St Stithians College
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity.
Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
The Rector invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the required skills and competencies to take on this challenging position which is available from April 2020.
The requirements for this position are:
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent tertiary qualification coupled with at least 7 years’ experience in a similar position working at an executive level
• Experience of managing governance requirements and procedures
• Experience of managing diverse projects, from conception to completion
• Experience in writing minutes at executive and governance levels
• Experience in drafting reports that are analytical, informed and capable of informing strategic decisions
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact across the College at an executive level
• Excellent command of English (verbal and written)
• Exceptional planning and organisational skills, with attention to detail
• A confident individual who is responsible and able to work under pressure
• Demonstrated ability to prioritise, take initiative and work independently
• High levels of integrity and confidentiality
• Flexibility to work outside of normal office hours when required
• Advanced computer literacy, especially using Microsoft Office
• Promoting the values, Christian ethos and mission of the College, as well as participating in the broader life of St Stithians College
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Secretary of the St Stithians College Endowment Fund Trust, the College Council and selected Council Committees
• Representing the Rector on designated campus committees
• Assisting the Rector through co-ordinating and leading campus-wide projects
• Promoting synergy between the Rector’s Office, campus departments, and the schools
• Assisting the Rector with strategic leadership
To apply please click on the following link below before the closing date of 21 February 2020. Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only.
Please note that due to technical issues applicants should use a PC and not a phone, notepad, etc. to create an account.
To apply for this job please visit stithian.jb.skillsmapafrica.com.