Website St Stithians College
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE RECTOR
St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity.
Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, and the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
The Rector invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who have the required skills and competencies to take on this position which is available from May 2020.
The requirements for this position are:
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent tertiary qualification coupled with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar position working with an executive leader
• Experience in working in an educational institution would be a distinct advantage
• Advanced computer literacy, especially using Microsoft Office
• Excellent command of English (verbal and written)
• Exceptional planning and organisational skills, with attention to detail
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact at an executive level
• A confident individual who is responsible and able to work under pressure and handle high work volumes
• Demonstrated ability to prioritise, take initiative and work independently
• High levels of integrity and confidentiality
• Experience in writing minutes at executive and governance levels
• Ability to multi-task and provide full administrative support to the Rector
• Flexibility to work outside of normal office hours when required
• Promoting the values, Christian ethos and mission of the College, as well as participating in the broader life of St Stithians College
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• The administration and daily functioning of the office of the Rector
• Diary management and co-ordination including meetings and appointments
• Handling of telephone calls, emails and face-to-face queries from parents, staff and the general public
• Handling a wide range of confidential information requiring a dedicated level of confidentiality at all times
• Assisting with the drafting of reports, communiques, and correspondence
• Responding to correspondence on behalf of the Rector
• Interacting with parents, staff and the broader Saints community intelligently and respectfully, ensuring high levels of diplomacy and tact
• Promoting synergy between the Rector’s Office, campus departments, and the schools
To apply please click on the following link below before the closing date of 21 February 2020. Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only.
Please note that due to technical issues applicants should use a PC and not a phone, notepad, etc. to create an account.
To apply for this job please visit stithian.jb.skillsmapafrica.com.