Website St Stithians College
St Stithians College is a prominent and transformative South African school; one that inspires excellence and makes a world of difference. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. We are excited to announce the launch of our 8th school and welcome applications from inspirational and exceptional educational leaders for the following position which is available from January 2021.
SCHOOL PRINCIPAL: ONLINE SCHOOL
The Principal’s role at St Stithians Online (SSOS) is a key member of the senior leadership team, reporting to the Student Experience Director at Valenture Institute and the Rector of St Stithians College. The role is responsible for directing the policy for teaching and learning at SSOS, which includes academic policies and assessment and reporting at the school.
The Principal of SSOS is the key point of authority on all student-related governance at the school.
The role includes the following day-to-day responsibilities:
- Curriculum and Assessment
- Leadership and Culture
- Extra-curricular activities
- Teaching quality
- Managing Talent, Growth and Performance
- Student Progress Monitoring and Assessment
- Process, Policy and Product
The key requirements for this exciting position are:
- Relevant tertiary educational qualification coupled with teaching experience in a secondary school environment
- Minimum of 5 years of management and leadership experience is essential with demonstrated experience in mentoring and leading people
- Acknowledged academic standing and the ability to take dynamic and effective leadership decisions
- A solid understanding of the opportunities and challenges of leading and managing a South African school in the 21st century in the context of needed national transformation
- Solid knowledge and experience of corporate governance principles
- The ability to develop and maintain appropriate partnerships and relationships with a wide range of stakeholders • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Operationally savvy
- Ability to role model the attributes of a servant leader
- The ability to manage, mentor and lead a diverse team
- A willingness to work within the values, Christian ethos and mission of the College
- If not currently residing in Gauteng, willingness to travel to Johannesburg once per month initially, and then once per term and for key events as needed.
Interested candidates are invited to view the full job profile and submit their application online via this link
Closing date for applications: 25 November 2020.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.